Terms & Conditions
1. The term ‘Entrant’ and 'Entrants' means 'you' the player who is named on the entry form in the British Amateur Open.
2. ‘The Company’ means The BritAm/The British Amateur Open (Golf Idol Ltd).
3. Entrant/s must be over eighteen years of age on the day of your chosen tournament to enter the BritAm / BritAm Twos, proof of age may be required.
4. It is the entrant’s responsibility to ensure that they are available on the dates as advertised on our website.
5. The company has the right to change the days and venues of the British Amateur Open and give you a minimum of 30 days notice.
6. The Entrant/s recognise that a full payment of £250 (£295 Premium Entry) is required for each Regional Championship entry on the BritAm (or £590 for the BritAm Twos). A payment of £50 deposit for the BritAm (or £100 deposit for BritAm Twos) is ONLY to guarantee you a place in the 2020 British Amateur Open (or 2020 British Amateur Open Twos where relevant £100 deposit has been paid) and is non-refundable/non-transferable, this does not guarantee a place in any specific venue. Upon instruction a further payment of £200 (£245 Premium) for the BritAm (or £490 for BritAm Twos) will be required allowing you to be able to choose a venue and clothing on a first come first serve basis. Only once the full payment of £250 (£295 Premium) for the BritAm (or £590 for BritAm Twos) has been received by the company will your entry be complete.
7. Only once all entry conditions of 6. have been fulfilled will your entry to the BritAm/Twos be secured. If you have paid a deposit to secure your place, the remainder of the payment must be made to secure your chosen venue. All places are taken on a first come first served basis, subject to availability. Failure to choose a venue and complete your entry within two weeks of the venue announcement date will result in the loss of your guaranteed place and your deposit will be forfeit.
8. Your full payment or deposit to the BritAm/Twos is non-refundable/non-transferable. If you are unable to play or for any reason wish to cancel, this will result in the loss of your payment or deposit and place in the tournament.
9. A £50 deposit is required to join the Waiting List for the BritAm (£100 BritAm Twos Waiting list). These deposits are non-refundable. By entering the Waiting List you are putting down a deposit for the up coming BritAm (or BritAm Twos where relevant). If the BritAm is unable to offer you a place in this year's British Amateur Open (or BritAm Twos where relevant), your deposit payment will automatically roll over to a confirmed deposit for the next year.
10. All payments paid on thebritam.com via Paypal with be subject to a 4% surcharge.
11. Clothing received as part of premium entries into the BritAm is provided as a free gift as has no monetary value towards your entrance fee.
12. Only upon full payment will entrants receive at no extra cost; one top, one pair of trousers, one caddy suit, caddy hat and one golf bag (subject to availability). It is your responsibility to select clothing when instructed to do so.
13. Clothing choices can only be made from the specified William Hunt clothing range and sizes offered to entrants on the specified website.
14. The company reserves the right to give entrants an alternative outfit should the one chosen be unavailable or if the entrant does not choose their clothing within the allotted time frame.
15. We will endeavour to give you the clothing sizes from the information supplied by you, however in the unlikely event that your required size is not available then you will be given the nearest alternative in size or colour.
16. If the size chosen by you is incorrect i.e. it does not fit, then the company is under no obligation to exchange the garments. All exchanges will be at the company's discretion. If an exchange of items is offered, an administration fee of £20 will be applicable.
17. If the garments supplied do not fit eg. the leg length is too long, then all subsequent and necessary alterations will be fall to the responsibility of the entrant.
18. If you qualify for the finals or any other additional days you are required to keep all equipment received. This includes your caddy outfit, caddy hat and golf bag as no other equipment will be issued. The Company are under no obligation to provide replacement items.
19. It is the responsibility of the entrant to supply own caddy for the day/s of the tournament entered to play. Caddies must be over sixteen years of age on the date of the chosen tournament and must be able to carry the bag unassisted. Any player seen carrying his own bag will be penalised. Proof of age may be required.
20. On the day of the tournament - Buggies, trolleys, range finders and GPS measuring devices are strictly not permitted by players, caddies or following spectators.
21. In the event of extreme weather (lightning, wind, rain etc) causing delays in play or stoppages, The BritAm will endeavour to complete the full 18 holes and play off. If this is not possible the tournament will be played to a shortened format.
22. In the event of a shortened format of play, the play off may also be reduced/adapted.
23. In the event that a tournament has to be postponed due to reasons or circumstances out of the companies control a new date will be set and all entries will be automatically transferred to the new date.
24. It is your responsibility to ensure all personal and address information on your account profile is correct and up to date. We bear no liability for issuing items to an incorrect address held by you.
25. Any goods received in conjunction with the tour are free gifts from the company. This includes any clothing, accessories and golf bag. The Company will only guarantee an outfit (Premium Entry ONLY).
26. The company reserve the right to refuse entry of any entrant into the tournament.
27. The company reserve the right to withdraw any entrant from our events without prior/advance notice. If applicable, refunds will be issued in such cases.
28. The Entrant/s agree that any images or media recorded by the Company can be used in any way by the Company and can be assigned to a third party of the Company's choosing.
29. All decisions made by The BritAm are final.
The term 'The British Amateur Open' or 'William Hunt' or 'BritAm' or 'Golf Idol' or 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Unit 10, 97-101 Peregrine Road, Hainault Business Park, Essex, IG6 3XH. The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Security of data
Any data collected and processed are done so with security measures in place to avoid improper use, modification, loss, processing or unauthorised access. In spite of this, security is frequently being updated and we therefore advice to only provide information that you consider as non-confidential and grant that William Hunt Trilby Tour are not liable for any data acquired by an uninvited beneficiary. We do not sell nor pass on any personally identifiable data to 3rd parties.
A cookie is a tiny text file which is downloaded and place on your computer by your web browser, which has been collected from the web server. Cookies help websites determine the number of returning visitors and how often they are returning. Cookies cannot be used to operate software applications in any way. William Hunt Trilby Tour use this data in order to help improvement of the sites services and content.
Traffic, visitor trends and clickstream information
Clickstream is the recording of the site visitors clicks and behaviour while browsing the site and is not supplemented or combined with personally identifiable information. Collecting visitor and traffic trends help The BritAm to monitor improper use of the site and also helps provide usefully information when expanding on the sites content and its services.